Search This Blog

Friday, November 13, 2009

NaBloWriMo day 13 Shopping and Sales!

So I know I said when I started this I wanted to adhere to the NaBlo community guidelines as closely as possible and not talk about any sales related stuff for the month. However, I've been doing a lot of work lately and can't help but talk about it. I hope if I just leave out any links and things an hope that means I'm still good, I'm not trying to be an ad, I'm just feeling pleased with myself.

First I integrated Paypal checkout. A relatively easy to implement and simple change, but two people used it immediately on the day I put the code in so it must be a good thing. I know that it saves typing time because otherwise my site's shopping cart asks for your payment info and then you have to put it in again if you use paypal so I know I'd appreciate it.

Second, I just signed up for a Twitter account today and integrated it in the store. So now my items should automatically "tweet" as soon as I upload them. I'm really awful at social networking, I deleted my myspace about a year ago and only update my facebook every couple months, if that's any indication. So I don't know that I'll ever end up tweeting about anything directly. My social ineptitude aside, hopefully it will be useful for the regular customers we have who want to know about our updates (as I also suck at putting together mailing list mailings). I still haven't figured out how to add the "tweet this" button on things, but I'm sure I'll learn eventually.

Third I got caught up on all my shipping. The only things I have left to send out now are recent things. I'm very happy about that. I always feel like a big jerk when I get behind on getting stuff out.Hopefully the craziness of life that's been plaguing us lately will die down a bit. As it gets closer to the Christmas shopping season the last thing I want is people thinking I'm the world's slowest shipper (though honestly I totally can be a times).

Lastly our cel sales have been going well, though it's a bit sad to part with some of the things we've had for years. But sometimes you know you just need to move on. Tastes and priorities change besides we could really use more cash right now. Not that we're quitting collecting, in fact I've got snazzy new stuff to update as soon as the selling period is done, some of it purchased with cash garnered from sales (cash we meant to save -_-;;), it's the great circle of collecting life. :)

I admit this is a boring entry, but that's all I've got for today. I've been working a lot and that's what my mind has been on and fore once I actually feel pretty accomplished.

I'll try to get a collection oddities post ready for tomorrow. It should hopefully prove to be a lot more interesting than minor site tweaks that are only really interesting to me.;)

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails