Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Jen's Introduction

Well, I guess an introduction is in order. My name is Jen, I am 27 and am the quiet part of the team.I am currently working a full-time job overnights and working towards an accounting degree during the day. My main collecting interests are cels, video games, sailor moon oddities, and all things cats. In my humble beginnings I started out with about five games for the NES, the Genesis, and the Playstation. Now our combined collection is well into the hundreds for almost every system. I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing but because of the anality that comes with being a collector, most of our games are in perfect condition. I can't buy anything less these days.

At this point in my life I would call myself a gamer. Yeah, I haven't played and beat every game in our collection, but that is due to having too many games and not enough time. However, I have been playing since I was old enough to hold a controller. I still have very fond memories of playing Pitfall on the Atari 2600 when it was still relatively new. I can also remember the release of the Genesis system and how I saved up all my Christmas money one year to buy myself one. My parents are not the gamer sorts.

When it comes to my other main collection, I have Stephanie to thank. It all started one Christmas with a present of a cel of Prince Diamond from Sailor Moon. It was then I realized that I could own something from my favorite show that no one else had. It started so simply and has grow into something so great. It is a fun hobby but not for the weak of heart. I can't tell you how many times I had to watch that dream cel walk away due to lack of funds, or someone got to it first. It isn't for everyone, but once you get hooked, it's almost impossible to walk away for good.

Now, Stephanie is to blame for my third main collection which are the Sailor Moon Oddities. These are things that should have never seen the light of day. They are things that said "Sailor Moon" but honestly shouldn't have. Since everyone collects the toys/wands/brooches, why not collect something a little stranger? One of my favorites it the pancake maker. Sadly we have no pictures up of that right now, but one day we will. If nothing else, they make for interesting conversation pieces.

If it isn't evident by the fact that I run a separate cel gallery for it, I love cats. We currently have seven running around our house, and hope NOT to get any more. All of our cats were shelter or strays. Ever since I was a child I have love cats and if you look around my house, this is still very true. I collect figures, blankets, pillows (I have a love to flat animal pillows), plushies, ect. I'm not sure of what draws me to the furry little devils but my life would incomplete without them.

So there you go. You know a little bit more about the girl who refuses to do anything but a Genesis game review. I unfortunately don't get time to post much, but hopefully that will change in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails