Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Medical Device or Silent Hill Monster?

I think I find real world references to Silent Hill a little more often than your average person. I don't know if it's because I'm a poorly reformed goth kid or because everything has the potential to scare the crap out of me given the right lighting conditions and personal mindset. Either way I come to you with another random discovery that makes me think fondly of the quiet little resort town on the shores of Toluca Lake.

Today our little gem comes from the vintage ads community over at Livejournal. They're currently running a lovely little contest devoted to self improvement which is why this one surfaced recently. It's supposedly a device for keeping your spine young, but to me it just looks like concept art for a Silent Hill monster.


I admit just about anything old and medical could have some silent hill connotations. I've certainly never been able to look at a wheelchair the same way again, but this is an especially nefarious looking contraption.  I'm pretty sure no amount of "keen relish" would get me to climb into something that looks like that looks at best like a bondage apparatus gone wrong and at worst like a torture device straight from the mind of the devil himself. Just image a dark rusty hallway of those things spinning. It's enough to make your skin crawl.

So there's just a bit of horror for your day. You're welcome.

~Stephanie

Don't forget to stop by www.avaneshop.com for vintage toys and collectibles (that are generally less horrifying):
 

2 comments:

  1. hmm scary. I never knew such a thing exsisted.
    Umm hey actually I came here to apologize. I, er, stole one of your snapshots of link's awakening and added it to my website. Was in a hurry, you know. http://hyliangamer.blogspot.com/2013/01/strategy-rpg-vs-rpg.html
    okay so if you do mind just tell me and I will remove it. thanks. bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. medical mask manufacturers china

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails