Search This Blog

Friday, October 30, 2009

Collection Oddities: Wario the Pooh or Winnie the Wario

So, knowing full well that nothing I could find could likely match the Magic Mirror or the Link Mask, I decided to go a slightly different route. I still choose something seasonable and strange, but not as horrifying. What I came up with was Wario the pooh or Winnie the Wario, I really couldn't decide which I preferred.

What the heck is that!? You may be shouting in anger at your screen (you should really relax, you know I'm bound to tell, this would be a poor entry otherwise). Well it's quite simple. It's an unholy combination of Winne the Pooh and Wario through some evil an insidious science barely known to the world. Or maybe it's just Winne the Pooh in a Wario costume, I'll let you be the judge. Either way, it's straight from Japan of course.

Aww...isn't he cute? He's a key chain too I just neglected to get a good shot of the chain itself. Though honestly, it's a keychain I'm pretty sure most of you are going to have a pretty good idea of what one looks like without me taking shots. What I find especially weird about this, is that it's totally clear that Winne is Intended to look like Wario, but there are no Nintendo logos on him. Mysterious! Regardless of the missing Nintendo logo mystery, I love him. He's so fantastically weird. I'm not quite sure if he was a capsule toy or a UFO toy or something you could just pick up at your local Japanese Disney store. I really can not find any information anywhere about this crazy thing. We bought a whole lot of silly Japanese toys(because you know it's totally hard on us to have to just have extra toys laying around) just to get this crazy thing. It was lust at first sight.

Me: Hmm..I wonder what's in this lot...video game stuff..nothing I really need. Oh wait, what's that? OH MY GOD! It's pooh dressed as Wario! What a perfectly ridiculous item! Jenny come in here!
Jen: WTF? I was doing homework and generally being much more responsible than you what could you possibly need me for
Me: Look at this glorious treasure!
Jen: It's beautiful, we most purchase it post haste.
Me: But it comes with all this other stuff.
Jen: No price is too great for such a glorious item. Pooh was meant for us, we can not let anything stand in our way on our quest to get him.


So maybe I completely made up that entire conversation, but it was based on a true story. So now you maybe thinking to yourself after having moved past that tense shouting of earlier: Gee these people are really insane, Well, that sure is a weird thing, I'm sure I couldn't have lived a happy and fruitful life without knowing it existed. So to you dear people I say you are very welcome, I'm happy to enrich your lives. :)

Seriously though if anyone knows anymore about this I'd love to know, I'd especially love to know if there are other poohs or Disney characters in general that are dressed like Mario characters because I'd need to have them to complete my life and find inner peace, you wouldn't want to deny me that would you?

Also unrelated to this particular post is there is only day left to enter the contest so either get your entry in by tomorrow evening or miss out. Also, I was too busy to post the Uzumaki review on Monday so I'll do it tomorrow instead, it more appropriate then anyway. I'm gearing up for NaBloWriMo so I'm trying to prepare myself for making a bunch of posts. I don't know how long I can last, but I'm sure going to try it so be prepared for a flood of geekery(I hope)!

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails